Describe an advice you received on your subjects or work
You should say:
- Who advised you
- What advice did he give
- Are you happy with the advice
- Everyone faces situations when one is in a dilemma and needs help in deciding things.
- I remember, after my schooling, I was confused about what course should I opt for my further studies as I did not want to opt for traditional courses like engineering or medicine.
- I wanted an option which would provide me a bright future and at the same time should be interesting as well.
- I searched a lot on the internet about alternative courses and colleges but as there was too much information, i got more confused.
- So, I decided to consult my elder sister who is living in Canada.
- She is working in the Media and entertainment industry.
- When I asked her for advice, she suggested me to pursue a course in Animation as she knew about my interests in this field.
- She also suggested me some good colleges in Canada for this course and she explained me about the job opportunities that I will get after completing this course.
- Animation is quite popular these days and in future there will be a huge demand for people who are certified in this field.
- My family also liked the idea when I told them that I have finally decided to pursue a course in Animation.
- So, this was the advice that my sister gave on a crucial decision of my life.
Part 3 – Follow up Questions
- Which do to think is better: to voluntarily give advice or to wait to be consulted?
It depends on the situation. Parents should voluntarily give advice, but other people should wait to be consulted. Uninvited advice is not taken in the good light.
- Do you think the advice of teachers are more important than those of parents?
The advice of both teachers and arents is important in its own way. Parents know the temperament of their children and so can advise accordingly. Teachers can identify the strong and weak point of the student and advise accordingly.
- Do you think teachers should be trained to give advice?
Yes, teachers who are trained as counsellers can give advice. But, good teachers are role models of students and their advice is followed.
- Do Indian children like to follow the advice of parents?
They are usually forced to follow. Their liking is not asked mostly. So, there is cultural acceptance to follow parents and elders as they are considered to be more knowledgeable.
- What is the kind of advice Indian parents like to give?
Indian parents give advice on almost everything. For example, they advise their children what clothes to wear, what course to follow and what friends to make.