You should say:
And how you feel about their marriage.
Band 8 Sample
Well, I would like to talk about my own parents whose marriage is, without a doubt, a happy one. They have been married for 30 years now and are the perfect couple in my eyes.
Well, my mother and father are now in their 60’s and they are still really busy with their nine to five jobs in a government office, but I think that both of them are going to retire later this year. During 30 years of marriage, my parents have been through thick and thin together but have never lost their love for each other. My parents usually just show their affection simply by always being honest with each other and sharing their true feelings. Their mutual understanding for each other is so profound that sometimes it only takes one look to realise what the other is thinking.
Of course they still have minor tiffs every now and then, you know, things like who will have to pick up the kids or who gets the TV remote. However, my dad is always the first one to give in and turn to comfort my mother. I think little action’s like these are actually the key to my parents’ long lasting relationship.
To me, mom and dad are a perfect match and I admire their love for each other so much. Hopefully, in the future, I will have a partner that cares for me as much as my parents care for each other.
- without a doubt – certainly, definitely or positively
- a nine to five job – a job with daytime hours starting at 9am and finishing at 5pm eg. an office job
- to retire – to finish working after reaching a certain age eg. 60-65 years old
- through thick and thin – through good times and bad or difficult times
- true feelings – what someone is actually feeling inside
- mutual understanding – when two people agree or think the same about something
- profound – very great or amazing
- a tiff – a small argument
- to give in – to stop competing or arguing because you can’t win
- the key – the thing that will help to achieve or do something
- long lasting – happens for a long time
- a perfect match – two people that are good together