Describing a “dream” house or apartment to answer the Describe a house or apartment you would like to live in question requires you to follow the “real” questions in the cue card below the topic.
Describe a house or apartment you would like to live in
You should say:
- Where this house or apartment would be
- What is would look like
- When you would like to live there
- and explain why you would like to live in such a place
A house is like a sanctuary, a soul-cleansing haven for any of us so owning a house designed in their own way is a dream to many people. To me, I always visualize living in a villa in Ecopark – an eco-urban area on the outskirts of Hanoi.
I really take to the idea of a two-storey villa because it would fit my small cozy family. Just as people usually expect, my villa must have a beautiful landscaped garden around and a small pond for a close-to-nature lifestyle and inside the house should be teeming with cutting-edge technologies. Admittedly, I am a not-so-hardworking person so the idea of automation always appeals to me.
I myself know that to have such a house means to have such a lot of money because the real estate in the urban area Ecopark costs an arm and a leg. This makes the time issue really unpredictable and as I am still a university student, now I cannot say with certainty when I can live in that dream house.
Despite the exorbitant cost, it truly pays off to possess a villa like this. Ecopark, as I said earlier, is an eco-city so living there feels like living in a pristine environment with fresh air and vast greenery – a perfect retreat from the hustle and bustle of the capital Hanoi. Having a house on my own also satisfies my freedom craze, allowing me to do whatever and whenever I want without being restrained by anyone.
Still, dream is just a dream but this dream villa gives me motivation to do my utmost to achieve the goal because after all, home is where the heart is, right?
- Sanctuary (n): resting place
- Soul-cleansing haven (n): a place to purify the soul
- On the outskirts of: in the suburbs
- Take to sth (v): like something
- Landscaped gardens (n): artistically designed gardens
- Close-to-nature lifestyle (n): a lifestyle close to nature
- Cutting-edge technology (n): cutting-edge technology
- Cost an arm and a leg: expensive
- Exorbitant cost: high cost
- Pristine environment (n): intact environment
- Freedom craze (n): longing for freedom
- Do one’s utmost: try your best
- Home is where the heart is: home is where the heart resides