Describe your favourite piece of clothing
You should say:
And explain why it is your favourite piece of clothing.
Band 8 Sample
Well, I would like to tell you about a pair of ripped jeans that are my favorite item among all the things I have in my wardrobe.
You know, I bought them for an unbelievably cheap price a long time ago in a second-hand clothing store. At that point, ripped jeans were really popular and everybody in my school was keen on them. So, whenever I put these jeans on, I felt really stylish and thought I really stood out from the crowd. After a while though, trends started to change, but I refused to abandon my jeans. I wore them almost everywhere, from home to school and only changed them for formal events such as a ceremony or a wedding. Sometimes I even slept in my jeans because they were so comfortable.
Actually, it is quite easy to understand why I fancy these jeans so much. Firstly, they instantly create a stylish and fashionable look for the wearer. Secondly, jeans are easy to mix and match and I can wear them with heaps of different shirts without worrying about looking ridiculous in other people’s eyes. And lastly, denim is so tough that it can’t be torn, so I can have them for a long time and save a great deal of money.
All in all, I love my jeans and cannot get through a day without them. I think such an item should be made trendy again so that the youngsters nowadays can really get to know their awesomeness.
- unbelievably cheap – really cheap
- second-hand – used, not new eg. second-hand clothes or furniture
- at that point – at that time
- keen on – really like
- stylish – looking good, fashionable
- stood out from the crowd – looked different from everyone around them
- abandon – to leave someone or something behind
- fancy – like
- mix and match – change different styles or colours
- heaps – a lot of, many
- ridiculous – silly or stupid
- in other people’s eyes – from someone else’s perspective
- denim – the material that jeans are made of
- a great deal of – a large amount
- get through a day – to finish a day
- trendy – to look fashionable, stylish