- Do you like travelling?
→ I must admit I’m a travel lover (1) and travelling to a new country is always on top of my todo list every year. Travelling helps me broaden my horizons ( 2) and blow off some steam (3) after strenuous (4) working days.
- (1) A travel lover /ˈtræv.əl ˈlʌv.ər/
Example: Travel-lovers need to keep living fully
- ( 2) To broaden my horizons /ˈbrɔː.dən maɪ həˈraɪ.zən/
Example: When I went to university I wanted to broaden my horizons.
- (3) To blow off some steam /bləʊ ɒf sʌm stiːm/
Example: To blow off some steam, they took archery lessons together.
- (4) To be strenuous /ˈstren.ju.əs/
Example: His doctor advised him not to do any strenuous exercise
- How many cities have you travelled to?
→ Probably 6. Last year, during my winter break, I had a chance to travel with a group of my best friends and visited the Northern region of my country. We are also planning to travel overseas next month.
- What kind of cities do you like to travel to?
→ Since HCMC is usually hot and humid all year round(5) , I would love to visit cities that have cool weather like Da Lat or Sa Pa. Additionally, I also want to get away from the hustle and bustle(6) of the city life, so anywhere which gives me a sense of tranquility (7) would be my kind of city to visit.
- 5)All year round /ɔːl jɪər raʊnd/
Example: The venue shows movies all year round.
- (6) To get away from the hustle and bustle
Example: We both have busy lives and it’s good to get away from the hustle and bustle.
- (7) A sense of tranquility
Example: I love the sense of tranquility in my hometown.
- What is the place that left you the deepest impression when travelling?
→ Honestly speaking, it is Sapa. The city has its unique charm and picturesque scenery(8) that takes my breath away (9) just by looking at the photos I took during the trip. This place is definitely worth visiting (10) and words alone are not enough to describe its beauty.
- (8) Picturesque scenery ˈsiˈ.nˈr.i/
Example: The countryside in this region is very picturesque scenery.
- (9) To take my breath away (idiom)
Example: The beauty of the Taj Mahal took my breath away
- (10) To be worth visiting
Example: Two other sites are eminently worth visiting.