1. Do you often (like to) listen to music?
Yes, I often listen to music. I like listening to film songs and Punjabi folk songs.
2. When do you listen to music?
Whenever I’m free I listen to music. I have downloaded a few songs in my cell phone. Listening to music relaxes me.
3. How much time do you spend listening to music every day?
I spend an hour or two listening to music every day.
4. What kinds of music do you like to listen to?
I like Hindi film songs. I also love Punjabi folk music.
5. What’s your favorite kind of music?
My favorite genre of music is folk music. I also like film music.
6. Have you ever been to a concert?
Yes, I have been to a concert once. There is a village near my hometown where a famous Punjabi singer comes once a year to perform for charity. Last year I went with my friends. He performed live. He always has his tambourine in his hand. It was an electrifying performance.
7. Do you like to listen to live music?
Yes, I do like to listen live music. It is a different experience. In many restaurants and also in marriage functions, they have live music going on, which is very enjoyable. Concerts are also live music.
8. When did you start listening to this type of music?
I remember, I specially went for GurdasMaan’s live performance in a concert last year. Before that I had never been for a live music show.
9. Where do you listen to it?
Concerts may be held in concert halls, which are built for the purpose, or they may be held in any other suitable large building such as a school hall, or a large house. Some concerts are given to very large audiences in the open air. They may take place in a field or in a stadium. The music for these “openairs”, is usually amplified by loudspeakers, so that large audiences can hear it.
10. How do you feel when you listen to this music?
I feel very relaxed when I listen to music. I feel as if all my worries and tensions have flown out of my body. I forget everything for sometime.
11. Have you ever learned to play a musical instrument?
Yes, I tried learning the guitar. My cousin has a guitar, and once I stayed with them a few days in my vacations. But, I found it very difficult.
12. Is music an important subject at school ?
Unfortunately, it is not. Music is an optional subject in some schools, but all schools don’t have it.
13. Did you often listen to music when you were a child?
(If yes, give details.) Yes, I listened to music as a child. Mostly I listened to film music.
14. What kinds of music are (most) popular in your country?
India is a diverse country. All kinds of music are popular. Some like folk music, some like classical, some like sufi music, some like film music and some like fusion music, which is a blend of Indian classical and western music. A.R.Rehman plays fusion music.
1. Do you live in a house or flat?
Or What kind of housing/accommodation do you live in? I live in a house. It is a two storey brick house.
2. Please describe it a little.
It is a two storey brick house. There’re four bedrooms with attached bathrooms, a kitchen, a living room and a drawing room. There is a small lawn in the front and a kitchen garden in the backyard.
3. What’s your favorite room in your home?
My favorite room is my own room, because I’ve decorated it according to my taste.
4. What have you done to your room to make it look nice?
I keep my room spic and span. The walls are painted light pink because it is my favorite color. There are floral curtains.
5. Who do you live with?
I live with my parents and brother.
6. Which room does your family spend most of the time in?
My family spends most time in the living room. We have our meals there. together and also entertain informal guests in that room.
7. How long have you lived there?
I have lived there since my birth.
8. Do you plan to live there a long time?
We watch TV
Presently I plan to go abroad for my studies. But, but I love my home and would like to come back there.
9. (If you answer you haven’t lived there long) What’s the difference between where you are living now and where you have lived in the past?
10. What do you usually do in your house/flat/room?
I do many things in my house. I spend time with my parents, eat there, sleep there, Study there and entertaining guests in my house.
11. Are the transport facilities to your home very good?
Yes, the transport facilities to my house are very good. The bus service is ready frequent and the railway station is also very near.
12. Do you plan to move?
I plan to go abroad for higher education. Apart from that I do not plan to move.
13. Would you like to move to another place to live? (Why/why not?)
I plan to go abroad for my higher education. If I like it there, I might think of settling there.
14. Are you prepared to move?
No, I am not prepared to move.
1. What’s (the name of) your hometown?
I belong to Phagwara, which a small but beautiful town between Jalandhar and Ludhiana.
2. Is it a big city or a small place?
It is a town with a population of about 1.5 lakhs. It is on the national highway.
3. Please describe your hometown a little.
My hometown is very beautiful. All facilities are available here. There are good educational facilities, good hospitals, good job opportunities and already good shopping center.
4. How long have you been living there?
I have been living there since my birth.
5. Do you like your hometown?
Yes, I love my hometown.
6. Do you like living there?
Yes, I like living there.
7. Would you say it’s an interesting place?
Yes, I would say it is an interesting place. The shopping center is very nice. In fact it is called a shoppers paradise. There are many historical places. There are three Sikh temples.
8. What do you like (most) about your hometown?
I like everything about my hometown, but what I like the most is that it does on the main road and so it is well connected by roadways and railways
9. What’s your favorite part of your hometown?
My favorite part of my hometown is a park, where I go every morning for my morning walk.
10. Is there anything you dislike about it?
As such there is nothing I dislike about my hometown, but yes, the drainage system could be improved. Whenever there is rainfall there is a lot of water logging on the roads.
11. Do you think you will continue living there for long time?
Yes, I think I would continue living there for a long time. I wish to go abroad for sometime for my higher education, but would definitely like to come back here.
12. Are there any tourist attractions in your hometown?
Yes, there are two Sikh temples, dedicated to the sixth guru of Sikhs. There is an ancient Shiva Temple and there is a famous hotel Haveli, which is very popular among the tourists.
13. Did your friends also grow up in the same place as you?
Yes, most of my school friends grew up in the same place.
14. Would you like to live there in the future?
Yes, I would like to live there in the future because it’s a beautiful place.