You should say:
- Why was it important
- What caused the delay
- What happened at the end
- Describe what caused the delay
- India is a beautiful and diverse country and there are so many things I love about it.
- Unfortunately, its public transportation is not one of them, especially trains and buses in India.
- Trains and buses often get delayed because of reasons like traffic, fog and other unforeseen circumstances.
- Today, I am going to talk about one time when I got delayed because of something unexpected.
- My parents and I were travelling to Ahmedabad for my cousin’s wedding, and it was the middle of the monsoon season.
- However, we were travelling through Rajasthan, which is one of the drier parts of India.
- So, we weren’t expecting any rain, but nature had other plans for us.
- It started raining about five hours into the journey and it rained incessantly for hours.
- We still thought it was ok and it’s just rain and it would subside sometime soon. But it didn’t.
- In fact, our train stopped at one station because everything ahead was flooded.
- A railway official told us that it was one of the worst floods in the state and the railway tracks were submerged under 2-3 inches of water.
- I vividly remember one scene when we entered a railway office to enquire when the train would leave.
- All the chairs were floating, and the railway officials were sitting on the top of tables.
- When we all think about that journey, it is the first scene that comes to mind.
- Finally, after hours the train moved again.
- We missed the wedding, but we did attend the reception which was the next day.
- When I think about it, I don’t remember anything about the return journey.
- The floods did cause inconvenience, but it also made the journey much more memorable.
- What mode of travel do you consider the safest?
I think earlier I considered travelling by car to be the safest but because of the increasing traffic and road accidents, I now consider train journey as the safest. So, whenever I have to travel long distance I travel by train. I also consider air journeys to be safe, but the recent airplane disappearances have made me less sure.
- How do people travel long distance in your country?
I think the most common means of travel for majority of the people is train. However, with increasing incomes, many people have started travelling by air as well.
- How can travelling be useful to people? What do you think people can learn by travelling to other countries?
Travelling is useful is many ways. First, its one the best ways to meet new people and make friends. Secondly, it enables us to learn about new cultures and traditions. Travelling also in a way breaks the monotony of everyday life. There is something very enjoyable about planning a holiday and visiting other places.
- Where, in our opinion, should people visit during the vacations? What type of places do you recommend people to visit during vacations?
I have thought about it a lot. I think people should take vacations at a place, which is different from their own native place. For example, I live in the plains, so I love travelling to the hills and mountains. People who live in continental locations can visit the beaches.
Ultimately though, it all depends upon people’s choice.
- In what ways can society benefit from such members?
I believe there are several ways a society can benefit from such members. Firstly, regular travellers can make a society more open-minded by spreading knowledge about other cultures. It also builds curiosity among other members of the society to travel. Finally, sometimes when these travellers like something about other cultures, they might bring it to their native place as well.
- How do you think commercial flights can improve?
I think the biggest issue with commercial flights today is the lack of leg space, which makes it very tiring to travel. In fact, sometimes after long journeys all I can think about is lying down and sleeping on a bed for hours. Moreover, I think the food prices in aircrafts are really exorbitant and I wish these prices are made more reasonable.
Other Sample 1
Describe an important journey that was delayed.
- Why was it important?
- What caused the delay?
- What happened at the end?
- What caused the delay
Well, I am a travelling enthusiast. I have had made many trips in my life and mostly they finished according to my schedule. But some of our journeys get delayed in dense circumstances. Similar happened to me recently, and here I would like to talk about that journey.
Actually, last month I applied for a passport and I chose an appointment for passport verification at Amritsar because my city doesn’t have any passport verification Center. My authorization was on the next day after the application. So it was very vital for me to reach at the provided time.
So I scheduled the journey and took the bus at 5 a.m. my brother accompanied me. Everything was getting on the right but after travelling some distance, our bus began producing honking sound and immediately stopped. Everyone on the bus was astonished. We asked the bus conductor and he explained that the bus engine had broken down
I was confused about what to do, we abandoned the bus and started searching for another vehicle. The driver of our bus was struggling to start the bus and finally, after waiting for 1 hour the driver was succeeded and the bus was started working.
We reached Amritsar bus station at 11 am. But my appointment was at 10.30 am. I was frustrated and confused, then my brother suggested me to visit the passport Center. We did the same and explained all to the manager. He recommended us to wait for some time and after half an hour my verification process was initiated and it took me 3 hours at the passport centre. Finally, all the process finished and I was delighted.
Overall, that was one of my essential journeys that were hindered by an unexpected incident.
Other Sample 2
Describe an Important Journey That was Delayed
You should say:
- When it was
- Why it was important
- describe the reason for the delay
and explain how you felt about it.
Traveling is one of my preferred hobbies and I like to venture out to better places with my companions, family members, universities and numerous different people groups. While traveling I discover a few places intriguing and I discover peace in my brain. In this way, traveling is forever my first hobby. I headed out to places like mountains, seashores, woodlands and some more.
When it was
I want to talk about a trip a few years ago in early July when I had just graduated from high school. During that period, my three good classmates decided to go to Shimla, which was approximately 290 kilometers from my hometown Moga for a graduation trip.
Why it was important
The reason why it was important was that it’s the last gathering we could have before going to university. So, all of us really cherished the time being together in that summer. We actually made very detailed plans about that journey including booking the train tickets, hotel rooms, selecting the scenic spots and choosing appropriate recreational activities.
How it was delayed
In any case, while we were going to get to the railroad station, we heard that there was a mob occurring in Shimla. For wellbeing reasons, the travel agency that helped us with part of our journey plans suggested postponing the outing a month later.
And explain how you felt about it.
When I heard about this news, I didn’t care that much, honestly, because I felt that it has nothing to do with tourists, right? But, once I thought of the other travel companions with me, I shouldn’t turn a blind eye to this issue. I was a bit sad. However, we managed to get there in August, which was a great experience for all of us.