A Leisure activity that you do with your family
You should say
- What activity it is
- When do you do it
- With whom do you do it Do you enjoy doing it
- I always look forward to spending some leisure time with my family.
- Usually, on public holidays and weekends we get that opportunity.
- I would like to talk about an activity that we do as a family on such off days.
- It is playing the board game – Scrabble.
- In this game, words have to be created using tiles that have letters and points printed on them.
- The board has a crossword like design and the tiles are placed on the board to create words and get scored according to the points on the tiles.
- The board also has some squares that add or multiply the points.
- We are a family of four and we usually play this game as individual participants and sometimes in pairs.
- This is the time we get to really bond and chat with each other, while having fun playing the game.
- Sometimes we fight with each other, but playfully.
- While growing up too, my siblings and I used to play this game.
- Our parents made sure that even during playtime we learn something.
- This game has had a tremendous role to play in building our vocabulary.
- Even though there are many game apps these days that emulate this game, but the real fun is in playing the actual board game.
- I believe that children should be made to play such games, through which they get to learn something and also spend quality time with family and friends.
Part 3 – Follow up Questions
- What leisure activites are popular in your country?
India is a diverse country. All sorts of leisure activities are popular in india. Some people watch TV, some listen music, some read books, some visit relatives or friends, and some do their hobbies.
- What leisure activities do young people like?
Young people like watching movies, surfing the net, chatting with friends, hanging out with friends, gymming and many more activities.
- Do leisure activities have to be educational?
Not necessarily. Leisure activities may be just for relaxation.
- Do men and women like different leisure activities?
Nowadays there are no gender differences. Both men and women do similar leisure activities.
A leisure activity you have done with your family.
- Who was there?
- When and where did you do it?
- What was it about?
And explain how you enjoy it.
Spending Sundays together has always been a tradition in my family. We engross ourselves in different leisure activities like playing card, going out for a picnic or watching a movie together. But last month, we thought of trying something different. My mother planned to bake a cake for an evening get together, on the occasion of my grandfather’s birthday. The only condition was that every member of the family has to contribute.
As we’d decided to bake a cake, all my family member including my mother, father and brother were assembled in the kitchen. As none of us knew the recipe of a chocolate cake, my mother assigned tasks to everyone.
As I told earlier, the main reason behind baking a cake was my grandfather’s 70th birthday. And it was a small surprise since he always favored family bonding and learning new skills collectively. So we initiated and I made the batter of the cake. My brother was given the responsibility to make the icing and decorate the cake whereas my father had to do the dishes. My mother acted as a supervisor.
Though the cake did not turn out to be that great, it was an enjoyable activity. We sang songs, recalled old memories and cherished the time with my family. On the whole, it was a wonderful experience and I look forward to spending more relaxing time with my close ones.