You should say:
- What was the achievement
- When it happened
- How did you celebrate
- How you felt about it
- There have been many moments in my life where I have celebrated achievements, sometimes they were mine and sometimes of the people around me.
- One such celebration that comes to my mind is when I was preparing for my entrance examination after my secondary school.
- It was about 5 years ago.
- I vividly remember this because it was a very crucial phase of my life.
- I had to give my all India test to enter a good college after my secondary school.
- I started to prepare for the exam during the last year of my school life and gave plenty much time towards all the subjects.
- So the day came and I took my exam.
- Results were supposed to be declared 2 months from the date of examination.
- When the results were finally out, i came to know that I had got admission in the college of my choice.
- I felt extremely happy and called my parents to tell about the result.
- They congratulated me on my achievement.
- In the evening when I got back home I saw my parents throw me a surprise party along with my friends, who came to my home to congratulate me on my big achievement.
- All of them knew that it was a result of a lot of hard work and dedication.
- Seeing all of them made me a little emotional and I felt overwhelmed.
- We all danced together for a long time, my father sang a song too and we enjoyed those few hours a lot.
- After this we all went to my favourite restaurant to have dinner. We were hungry after all the dancing.
- We spent around an hour at the restaurant and all of us ate very tasty dishes.
- After dinner my friends went back home and I came back with my parents.
- Towards the end of that beautiful evening I found that hard work always pays off and I was highly moved by the appreciation given to me by my parents and my friends.
- I had finally made my parents proud and this gave me a sense of satisfaction.
- I was looking forward to a new phase of my life and i knew i would give it my best shot.
Part 3 – Follow up Questions
- What are the events that are worthy of celebrating in your country?
All events are worthy of celebrating. Festivals, birthdays, anniversaries, retirements, victories, college graduations all need to be celebrated.
- How do Indian people celebrate their family events?
Religion is a very big part of Indian people lives. So, most events start with asking blessings from god and then it turns to normal get together with relatives and friends getting together and sharing meals together. There are also some traditional cultural practices which are part of celebrations.
- Is there any difference between how family events are celebrated between Indians and people of other countries?
Yes, there are certain cultural practices, which are unique to Indian celebrations. Moreover, I think there is less of drinking in Indian celebrations as drinking is not a big part of our culture.
- Do you think it is important to celebrate events?
I think it is very important to celebrate events. Not only do celebrations provide an opportunity to get together with friends and relatives, but also they break the monotony of life and relieve the stress of work.
- Do people prefer winning as a team or as an individual?
I like both as both have their own charm. An individual victory brings a sense of accomplishment, while sharing a win with teammates, celebrating it together is a wonderful experience too.
- Why is it important for sports fans to celebrate when their favorite team wins?
It is important for fans to celebrate because that’s the only way they can show their happiness and motivate their favourite players to perform better and better.
- What qualities are needed to become successful?
I think there are many qualities which can make a person successful, but I think the most important qualities for success are passion and a good temperament – I mean the ability to handle failures and get back up. I really think a person today can’t succeed without being passion because there are so many distractions today, only passion can make us focus on something whole heartedly.
- Do you think the way people gain success has changed?
Yes, nowadays, media can make any person successful overnight. Reality shows like the Rising Star can make the boy or girl next door a celebrity very soon. Earlier, it took ages to get success.