- Why do people throw waste material on roads?
Simply because they don’t care. Those people have no idea about keeping streets clean or protecting the environment. They may think that it is a waste of time to find a trash bin while they can just throw the garbage on roads and someone such as a street cleaner will collect the waste later on. Besides, people might think that roads are not their personal properties so it’s not their responsibility to keep it clean.
- How can the government encourage people to keep their city clean?
Personally, I believe that the most important thing is to keep trash bins at all public places and at a proper distance on roads. The government should make sure that it would not take people too much time to find a trash bin so that it can be convenient for them to throw trash in the right place. Besides, the government should spend more money on raising public awareness of the importance of having a clean environment. They should give some examples of illnesses that people may suffer from if their surroundings are dirty.
- Do you think it is a good idea or bad idea to relocate factories far from cities?
Well, I think it would be amazing. You know, cities are so crowded already so if many factories are established here, the problem of pollution and overpopulation will become worse. Instead, if more factories are moved to rural areas, these problems will be more or less solved. Besides, living costs in small towns are much lower than in big cities so the life standard of factory workers will be improved. They can even save more money. So it is undoubtedly a great idea.
- Do you think it is the responsibility of governments alone to protect the environment?
Of course not! I think it is everyone’s responsibility to protect the environment. Sure, the government has the power to enact laws and craft policies but how good is the law if nobody respects it.
We simply could not go on with our lives throwing our wastes irresponsibly and expect the government to just clean it up. There is nothing left to clean up in the first place if only we dispose things properly, it wastes both time and resources.
- What measures can individuals take to protect the environment?
There are a lot of ways on how individuals can do to protect the environment some of them are:
- Turn off appliances when you are not using them.
- Recycle and segregate your biodegradable and non-biodegradable waste or better yet avoid creating trash by avoiding disposable products.
- Minimize your water and electricity consumption.
- Use a fuel-efficient car or if you are traveling in short distances, take a walk or ride a bicycle.
These are just small things we can do to change our lifestyles, imagine millions of other people doing the same thing. It can gradually make a difference.
- Do you think large companies and business organizations should be more environmentally friendly? Why? How?
Development is good; sometimes it is a necessity to survive in today’s world. Businesses need profit, but they should not do so at the expense of the environment. Sustainable development is the key, the needs of the present has to be met without compromising the ability of future generations to sustain life in this planet.