You should say:
- Where it is
- When you like to go there
- What you do there
- Why you like to visit there
● It is very difficult to find quiet places in the fast paced life of today.
● However, I would like to talk about a place where I go quite often and I find great peace there.
● The place I am referring to is a Sikh temple in my hometown, Gurdwara Sukhchainana Sahib.
● I go there once a week, sometimes with family and sometimes with friends.
● Sometimes we walk to the gurdwara, and sometimes we go by car. It is about 3 km from my home.
● It is away from the main road, so it is very quiet there.
● Whenever, I go there, I do circumambulation of the holy book inside the main hall, and pay obeisance to the almighty.
● There is a wellmaintained fishpond in the gurdwara, which has many species of fish.
● I just sit on the steps of the pond and listen to the holy chants going on all the time there.
● It gives me great peace of mind.
● Sometimes I take some bread from home and feed the fish.
● There are two catfish among the other many, who seem to be talking to me.
● I know it is all my imagination, but I love it over there.
● I feel that the tempo of life has slowed down a bit.
● It is so relaxing to watch the movements of the fish in the water.
● This activity takes away all the physical and mental tiredness away from my body.
● I feel very lighthearted after that.
● Even though there is always a great rush in this temple, yet one can find peace and quiet over there.
● Sometimes, I offer voluntary services in the community kitchen over there.
● Free food is offered to one and all in the community kitchen and this service is round the clock.
● I generally go there on weekends and spend a good two hours over there.
Part 3 – Follow Up Questions
1. Why do some people not like quiet places?
Some people do not like quiet places because they want fun and frolic all around them. They want activity and noise all around them.
2. Do you know other quiet places?
There are many quiet places in the countryside. Many of my friends live in villages. Whenever I go to their homes, there is no noise of traffic, and you can hear the chirping of the birds and the rustling of leaves, which is very soothing to the ears.
3. Do you need a quiet place when you are working?
Yes, I do appreciate a quiet place when I’m working, but unfortunately it is not always possible. So I’ve got used to some amount of noise around me.
4. Why do people like to spend time in quiet places?
People like to spend time in quiet places because sometimes they want to be with themselves, then they go to temples or quiet places, and feel relieved of their stress.
5. Do you know anyone who likes noise?
I have many friends who like listening to loud music. They say that it kills the background noise of the vehicle