You should say:
- Where it took place
- What was the occasion
- What you ate and drank there And explain whether you enjoyed it or not
Band 8 Sample
I’m going to talk about my 18th birthday party, which is one of the most memorable events in my life.
At that time, one of my friends had decided to study abroad, and therefore, I wanted to throw a party to celebrate my birthday and give her a farewell party as well, so I came up with the idea to have a barbecue party in my backyard. After about 2 hours of preparing all the ingredients, the meal was finally ready, and we all wolfed the food down quickly because we were so starving and because it was so scrumptious!
After that, we enjoyed some cupcakes for dessert and talked. I was really impressed by the idea of one of my besties, who said that she really had a strong passion to run a café, and we talked about it for 3 or 4 hours.
If you ask me about my feelings of that day, I would say that it was such a memorable time and I cherish all the memories they gave me from that party. I realised that we have all come of age since then, and we all have our own paths to follow, so maybe we will never get another chance to hold a party like that again. Therefore, I have always attached a lot of importance to that day and consider it to be a symbol of our long lasting friendship.
- throw a party: hold/ organise a party
- give a farewell party: throw a party for someone who is leaving a job, city, etc
- wolf something down: eat something very rapidly and in very large pieces
- scrumptious: delicious
- to come of age: to reach the age when you are legally considered to be an adult.
- attach importance to: believe that something is important