Describe something important that you lost in the past
You should say:
- What it was
- How you lost it
- Why was it important to you
- How you felt when you lost it
● We all lose something or the other in life.
● I have also lost many things.
● Here I would like to talk about an important thing, which I lost last year.
● It was my first cell phone
● I got my first mobile phone when I completed my high school.
● It was a Samsung S2
● My uncle gifted it to me.
● I was very happy when my uncle gave me this phone.
● Unfortunately, I lost it when I travelled from Phagwara to Jalandhar by bus.
● There was a lot of rush, but I got a seat in the front row.
● I took out my phone to make a call, but after that I don’t remember whether I put it back or not.
● When I got down, I realised my phone was missing.
● The bus was to go to Amritsar. So, it had already left.
● I realised with a sinking heart that my phone was gone for ever
● So I went to an Airtel service centre and got a complaint lodged and got my sim cancelled.
● It was black in colour.
● It was a rectangular phone and had 4.3 inches touch screen display
● It also had a calculator, a calendar, an alarm, a light and some games.
● Its battery backup was very good.
● I was very possessive about my Samsung phone.
● I never let anybody touch my phone.
● I used an Airtel prepaid connection with it.
● I had to pay for it from my pocket money.
● So, I used it very frugally.
● I used to play tetris on my phone.
● I also used the phone to send SMS to my friends.
● Sometimes I used the calculator and sometimes I listened to FM radio on my phone.
● It was a very sturdy phone.
● Many times it had fallen from my hands, but it did not break and worked perfectly well.
● It had a camera of 5 megapixels on which I captured some photos of my friends and family.
● I clicked many selfies with it.
● I used many applications like whatsap and facebook to stay connected with my friends.
● I miss my phone because it was a gift and was precious for me.
Part 3 – Follow Up Questions
1. What kinds of people may lose things often?
People who have a bad memory and are unorganized tend to lose things often.
2. What can we do to prevent losing important things?
We should try to keep things organized like instead of leaving things here and there we should have designated places for things and we should always place them there. For examples car keys should be hung on a key holder, that way you will never lose them
3. What would you do if you saw something valuable but didn’t belong to you on the street?
If I find something that doesn’t belong to me, I will first try to find the owner of that thing. If I am unable to do so, then I will donate it to the poor.
4. What kinds of things have you lost so far?
Well I keep losing a lot of things and sometimes I really feel bad about it. Once I lost my wallet and it had my id documents as well apart from the money. I have also lost my mobile phone, lunch box etc
5. What do you usually do to look for lost items?
Firstly I try to remember where I had last kept the item, if I am not able to recall it, I ask my parents or my friends.