50 topic part 1 is divided into 10 main groups
4 focus topics PART 2 and PART 3 with 42 specific topics
A. Speaking Part 1
I. Fixed topics
1. Work or study
- Are you a student or do you work now?
- What subject are you studying?
- Why did you choose that subject?
- Is there anything that you don’t like about it?
- What would you like to do in the future?
- What are the most popular subjects in your country?
- What are your favourite classes/ courses/ subjects at school/ university?
- Do you think it’s important to choose a subject you like?
2. House or flat
- What kind of housing do you live in?
- Do you live in a house or a flat?
- Do you live alone or with your family?
- Could you please describe the place you live in?
- Can you describe the room you live in?
- Which is your favourite room in your home?
- Is there anything which needs to be improved in your flat?
- What can you see when you look out the window of your room?
- Where do you come from?
- What’s the most attractive part of your hometown?
- What’s the weather like in your hometown?
- Do you know much about the history of your hometown?
- Has your hometown changed much these years?
- Would you say your hometown is a big city or a small town?
- For you, what benefits are there living in a big city?
- Do you think you will be still living in your hometown in the future?
II. Familiar topics
- Which movies do you like?
- Do your friends like this movie? Do you want to be a movie star?
- What kinds of people do you think you will make friends with? Do you think you are a good friend for others?
- Do you like travelling?
- Which cities have you travelled to?
- What kind of cities do you like to travel to?
- What is the place that left you the deepest impression when travelling?
7. Break / holiday
- Is a short break or a long break more important ?
- Which one do you prefer?
- What is the role of breaks?
- Why do we have to take a break?
- How many public holidays do you have in your country?
- Do you think people need more public holidays?
- Which holiday is your favorite?
- Do you like music?
- When do you listen to music?
- How much time do you spend listening to music every day? What kinds of music do you like to listen to?
- What’s your favorite kind of music?
- Have you ever been to a concert before?
III. Activities topics
- Do you like to watch movies or TV shows that make people laugh?
- Do you usually make your friends laugh?
- Are you the kind of person who makes people laugh?
- Do you think it’s important to laugh with friends?
- Are you good at telling jokes? Do your friends like to tell jokes?
- Do you like to watch comedies?
- Do you like running?
- Have you ever taken a running class?
- When was your last long running?
- Why do you need to run?
- Where do you think is a good place to run?
- Do you think running is a good way to stay healthy?
- Do you like watching running races on TV ? Why?
- Do you walk a lot ?
- Do you think people often take more than in the past?
- Do you think people will take a walk more often or not?
- How much sleep do you need every day?
- Do you take naps at noon?
- Do you like to read before bed?
- How have your sleeping habits changed since you were young?
- Do you like cooking?
- Who taught you how to cook?
- Do you want to learn how to cook?
- Did you learn to cook when you were a child?
- Do you often bake?
- What types of things are baked in our country?
- Do you think baking is a healthy method of cooking?
- Do you prefer eating home cooked meals or eating out?
14. Drink water
- How often do you drink water?
- Do you drink bottled water or water from water machines?
- What kinds of water do you like to drink?
- Why do people go fishing?
- Do you like eating fish?
- Where can you see fish?
IV. Fashion-related topics
- Do you wear jeans?
- How often do you wear jeans?
- Do you like to wear jeans?
- Why do you think jeans are popular in your country?
- Do you use perfume?
- What kind of perfume do you like?
- What does perfume mean to you?
- Do you give perfume as a gift?
- How often do you have a haircut?
- How long have you had your current haircut?
- Have you ever had an unhappy haircut experience? Do you like to have your hair cut?
V. Art-related topics
- Do you like art?
- Have you ever visited an art gallery?
- Is there any artwork on the wall in your room?
- Do you like to take photos?
- Do you prefer to take photos yourself or to have other people take photos?
- How often do you take photos?
- In what situations do you take photos?
- How do you keep your photos?
- Do you like dark colours?
- What’s your favorite colour?
- Do you usually wear clothes in your favorite colour?
- Are there any colours you dislike?