IELTS Speaking: Essential Words Part 3
1. A time zone difference – a difference in a time zone, for example: when the time in Uzbekistan is 20:00, the time is 17:00 in Cyprus. There is a three-hour difference between 🇺🇿 and 🇨🇾.
• Working in a different time zone is a bit difficult
• Because of the time-zone difference, sometimes I get confused
2. Hard skills, soft skills – hard skills: the job-related knowledge and abilities. Soft skills: personal qualities such as communication skills, problem solving skills.
• He has some incredible hard skills and some incredible soft skills.
3. Work ethic – the way that someone feels about the importance of work, usually the belief that it is important to work hard.
• I believe that our project will be successful since he has also the same professional work ethic and professional attitude.
4. Collaborative – involving two or more people working together for a special purpose:
• When we have a collaborative project or business, I’m sure it’s going to be successful.
5. To meet deadlines – to finish work on time, by the agreed date.
• I have a deadline to meet, this work must be finished by tomorrow
6. Dramatize – exaggerate the seriousness or importance of (an incident or situation).
• She tends to dramatize things
7. Philanthropic – helping poor people, especially by giving them money
• Mohamed Salah is also well-known fir his philanthropic work for children in Africa.
• philanthropic organizations/projects
8. Legendary – very famous and admired or spoken about
• He once met the legendary football player, Cristiano Ronolda
9. Misconception – a wrong or inaccurate idea
• There’s this misconception that you get famous and everything is perfect
10. Counselling – the activity of a trained person listening to someone who has a problem and giving them advice on how to deal with it:
• She will need medical help and counselling to overcome the tragedy