You should say:
- What was the event (What you did)
- Where and when it happened
- With whom you enjoyed
- Explain why it was important/ Why you felt happy
- Happy and sad moments are part of life.
- I have experienced many happy moments in my life, but here I would like to talk about the happiest situation in my life, so far.
- I can never forget my 17th birthday, when I received a surprise party and a laptop from my parents.
- I remember vividly, it was the 16th of July, and I got up feeling very excited and happy that everyone in the home would wish me, but no one did.
- In fact, they just ignored me.
- I felt very sad, but got ready and went to the school.
- Some of my friends wished me, and I was a little happy after that.
- However, I was still a bit upset and I thought that no one at home loves me.
- I got back home at 3 pm and to my great surprise, I saw that there were many relatives, and the whole house was decorated with balloons and buntings.
- I was greeted with hugs and wishes from my parents and other relatives.
- My parents had planned this party for me.
- Then I got ready and came out to join the party.
- I saw a box decorated with ribbons on the table.
- It was a laptop, for which I had been pestering my parents for long.
- This was another surprise that during the day.
- These two events made that day the happiest day of my life.
- I have used that laptop every day since then.
- It is a silver grey Dell laptop, with the latest configuration.
- It has I3 processor, 1TB hard drive, 8 GB memory and Windows 10.
- It came preinstalled with MS Office, which has been very helpful for me.
- I have made all my assignments on it.
- I made a few presentations also.
- Besides that, I’ve used that laptop for watching movies and downloading music.
- So, my 17th birthday was the happiest day of my life.
Part 3 – Follow Up Questions
1. What is the relationship between money and happiness?
Money can bring happiness to extent by ensuring that we can live comfortably and take care of all our needs. However, when money becomes more important than one’s relations or when it becomes an obsession, then it brings more stress than happiness.
2. Do you think money is important?
Yes, money is important. We need money to fulfil our needs and desires. We need money to pay our bills, rents, etc. So, to lead a stress free and comfortable life we need money.
3. Do most Indian people think that money is important?
Yes, most Indians think that money is important. Most people aspire to get well paid jobs to fulfil their needs and dreams and their family’s needs and desires.
4. What do you do make yourself happy?
There are many things that I do that make me happy. I listen to music, read, spend time with my family, talk or chat with my friends, meet my friends, watch movies, and many more such things.
5. Why are children generally happier than adults
Children are generally happier than adults because they are not burdened with the responsibilities that adults are, like paying bills, achieving targets at work, etc. Also, they are innocent and non judgemental and find happiness in the simple pleasures of life, like playing with friends, eating a candy, and many more such things.
Talk about the happiest situation in your life.
You should say
- What was the situation?
- When did it happen?
- What landed you in the situation?
- Explain, how do you feel about it?
There have been many times I have felt happy about my life, but if I had to talk about the happiest situation, it was when I got placed in a leading company. It was after a lot of perseverance that I landed myself into the company. I joined around three years back and it has been an amazing ride since I have joined the company.
Actually, I consider myself to be a hard-working individual, and I have proved it time and again. One day my seniors organised a meeting with all the associates and told us about a very difficult assignment which needed to be worked upon for a client. We received different task allocations and started working upon them. After poring into the data and figuring out the solutions, I finished my work and submitted it. I then proceeded to help my colleagues and played my part in finishing the project before the deadline. During all this time, our seniors kept a close eye on our individual progress.
Now at the next meeting, we were told that our work was good and the client appreciated our efforts. My manager called me over and proceeded to announce that everyone was pleased by my exceptional work ethics, and they have decided to promote me as a team leader. My joy knew no bounds at that moment and I thanked everyone profusely. I felt satisfied knowing that my efforts helped me achieve success. It is indeed a great feeling when your endeavor pays off with such results.