You should say:
- What is it
- With whom did you play
- How often you played it
- How did you feel about it
- I’ve played several games, both indoor and outdoor games, and still try to play whenever
- I get time.
- Among those games, I enjoyed playing chess more than others.
- Chess is an indoor game where two players participate.
- This game does not involve any major physical movements like other outdoor games but a chess player has to use his/her brain and make game plans to defeat the opponent.
- I mostly play this game with my friends and cousins.
- Sometimes I play it with my father and senior relatives.
- Since playing chess requires only placing the board on a surface and sitting position of the two participating players, it is convenient to play chess almost anywhere.
- I mostly play it at our veranda, garden or bedroom.
- I enjoy this game because I have a fascination about this game from my childhood and I really like the overall theme and brainstorming involved in this game.
- It’s a thought-provoking game that gives the participating players to use their brains.
- A player can apply his/her strategy, and then allure the opponent to fall in a trap, which is much like a real battlefield.
- It’s not a game where someone would only use the physical movements rather the game requires perfect game plan, finding weakness of the opponent and a battle strategy.
- This game gives you a feel of being the King of a regime where you decide your countrymen’s fate.
- For all these reasons this is a very interesting and enjoyable game to me.
- In general, how is outside play for children different to playing inside?
Outside pay is much different to playing inside. There is a lot of physical activity involved when playing outdoor games. There isn’t much physical exercise involved in indoor games. Indoor games may not include as much social interaction with other players, as in the outdoor games.
- Do you think the indoor activities and outdoor activities develop children’s abilities the same way?
I think the indoor and outdoor games develop children’s abilities in different ways. There is more social interaction when children play outdoor games. There is an opportunity to play in bigger teams when playing outdoors games, which leads to more awareness of other cultures and backgrounds the other children come from. Indoor games may develop better strategic and decision-making skills than outdoor games.
- What’s the most popular game in India?
I think cricket is the most popular game in India, however, after the last Olympics, badminton, wrestling and gymnastics has gained popularity.
- How have games changed in the past few decades?
Games have changed a lot over the last few years. The format of many games has changed. For instance, cricket, football, kabaddi and hockey are now played in the premier leagues format. Also, there are many TV channels now that have made many sports popular.
- How have children’s game changed in past few decades?
Children’s games have changed greatly in the last few decades. There are many more options of indoor games now since the advent of technology. There are many types of video games available now. There is also an option for motion detection in many gaming consoles.
- How are children’s games different from adult’s games?
Children’s games are different from adult’s games mainly in terms of the physical activity involved in the outdoor games and as for the indoor games it’s the content of the games that differs and the difficulty levels.
- Why do many adults not play games?
The main reason why many adults don’t play games is due to the lack of time. Everyone these days leads very busy lives and do not get the time to pursue interests like games and sports.
- Do you think modern lifestyles encourage, or discourage, adults from playing games?
I think the modern lifestyle discourages people from playing games. People are busy with their hectic routines and do not get time to pursue hobbies and other pastime activities like playing games.
- What benefits do people get from playing games?
There are many benefits of playing games, both indoor and outdoor. It develops sportsmanship spirit, leadership skills, social skills, co-operative attitude, more exposure to other cultures, and many more. Sports can also be pursued as a career and it may bring a person name and fame.
- What benefits can children get from playing games?
Children benefit a lot from playing games. They remain physically and mentally fit. They learn many skills like leadership qualities, social skills, more exposure to different cultures, sportsmanship spirit, and many more. This may become a career path for some students later.
- Do you think group activities (including team sports) can help give a child a sense of responsibility?
Yes, definitely. Team sports can help a child develop a sense of responsibility. When playing in a team, each payer has the responsibility of leading the team towards a win by giving it their best.
They need to co-operate and co-ordinate with others in the team to ensure that their performance adds to the entire team’s performance, and doesn’t hamper it. Similarly, in a group activity, each person has a role to play and a task to complete, which helps the entire project to be successfully and efficiently completed.
- Importance of electronic games
- Video game playing introduces children to computer technology
- Some games provide practice in problem solving and logic. E.g. Age of Empires
- Video games have proved to improve visual skills.
- They also improve motor and spatial skills. Children who play video games have better reflexes.
- They make learning fun. The cost of failure is lower. This encourages risk-taking and exploration.
- Some games have therapeutic applications with patients.
- Games are entertaining and fun.
- Negatives of video games
- Overdependence – social isolation – usually played alone
- Aggressive behaviour – children practice violent acts.
- Games can confuse fantasy with reality
- Addictive Tips for parents
- Limit the game playing hours
- Check the age-game ratings
- Require that homework and chores be done before game playing
- Play and enjoy the game with your child