Talk about a newly built public facility (such as parks, cinemas etc) that improves/influence local life quality in your city
You should say:
- What the facility is
- Where is it
- How does it improve the life quality
- How you feel about it
- India is a developing country and the government is providing many amenities to the citizens
- Recently the government has stressed on the need for public toilets,cleanliness and education.
- In our city there were many open areas that were unused and unattended
- The local administration of …..town has developed these into open or outdoor gyms.
- There are exercise machines that are very simple to use and easy to maintain.
- Senior citizens do not have to go far for physiotherapy and exercise.
- The women do not sit on the benches and chat instead they exercise
- This facility has added value to the health and also made good use of public land.
- Around these parks we can see some hawkers selling healthy food like milk ,juice and cottage cheese.
- These have made areas around them very proactive and full of life.
- This endeavour made by our local administration is catching up in the neighbouring towns as well.
- Earlier these dirty corners were full of accumulated garbage and were breeding grounds for germs.
- Many mischievous elements used to sit and play cards here but now the parks are full of positive energy.
- I would say the creation of open gyms have not only improved physical health but also contributed for mental peace and beautification.
Part 3 – Follow up Questions
- What measures should be taken to deal with damage on public facilities?
First of all people should themselves be aware that if they use these facilities nicely only then they will be able to use them for a long time. Otherwise, the facilities may be destroyed. The government should appoint people for the maintenance of these facilities.
Another thing that can be done is that a very small fee should be charged for these facilities.That money could be used for the maintenance of these places.
- What are the differences between old facilities and new facilities?
Old facilities are like parks and libraries. New facilities are gyms and leisure places.
- What facilities do young people and old people like in your country?
Young people like gyms and leisure centres. Old people like parks, health centres and libraries.
- What is the difference between facilities in the countryside and the ones in the cities?
In the countryside the facilities are related to education and health. In the cities there are many entertainment facilities also.