Describe your favorite piece of clothing.
You should say:
- Where you got it
- Do you often dress it
- When you wear it
- And explain why it is your favorite clothing.
BAND 9 ANSWER
I wouldn’t go too far by saying I’m a fashionista or the like even though I have quite a good sense of fashion and are usually praised for my excellent choice of clothing. One of the items that I am crazy about and is probably the most-worn piece of clothing in my closet is my black leather jacket from ZARA.
Ever since I had my hair cut short, pixie style to be exact, my taste in fashion has drastically changed to suit my rebellious hairstyle. I have developed an appreciation for more classic, minimalist and masculine outfits. Hence, when I saw a mannequin looking so cool but not less feminine in a black leather jacket at a ZARA store, I couldn’t take my eyes off of it and ended up buying the jacket and a pair of ankle boots. The jacket’s jet-black color and classy design make it an extremely versatile item that can be worn in multiple occasions whether for a casual date or office wear. I usually wear them on top of other apparel such as a tank top, a T-shirt or even a sundress to make the outfit less boring as well as add some rugged flair to my chic style. It is also featured with some metal zippers and pockets, which prove to be pretty convenient to keep small items like key chains or some pocket money. However, the only issue I have with it is the cleaning and maintaining of the jacket. As it’s a big investment in my wardrobe, there is no way I am going to get rid of it after only a few wears. Keeping a leather jacket fresh and usable is a complicated, yet rewarding process because if you do it right, it could last for years. I believe a decent leather jacket not only complements my look but also makes me feel comfortable in my own skin since it represents my personalities as well as personal image better than anything: strong, rebellious, yet timeless.
- fashionista (v): a devoted follower of fashion
- praise (v): to express your approval or admiration for somebody/something
- take one’s eyes off of (idiom): to stop looking at someone or something
- jet-black (a): deep shiny black in colour
- versatile (a): having many different uses
- apparel (n): clothing, when it is being sold in shops/stores
- rugged (a): strong and designed to be used in difficult conditions
- wardrobe (n): the clothes that a person has
- complement (v): to add to something in a way that improves it or makes it more attractive
- comfortable in one’s own skin (idiom): displaying a relaxed confidence in and clear understanding of oneself and one’s abilities, especially when presenting oneself to or interacting with other people