Candidate got following recent IELTS exam questions on 3 January 2019
1. Speaking Part 1
- What is your full name?
- Where are you from?
- Do you work or study? (I said work)
- Do you like your job? why?
- Have you shared anything with your friends?
- Have your parents taught you to share when you were a child?
- Do you have anything that you don’t like to share with others? [I said my husband and the examiner laughed! I hope that won’t affect my score]
- Do you think that in the future people give away cars for free? (i cant remember the exact question)
2. Speaking Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a person you know who is beautiful or handsome.
You should say:
- Who is he/she
- How you know him/her
- What you know about him/her
and explain why you think he/she is beautiful or handsome.
Irene, a friend of my elder sister, is both beautiful and handsome whom I know for a long. Her full name is Irene Chemo and she works in a multinational company as a senior executive. She is 5 feet 9, has a slender body and a great complexion. On top of that, she has a great fashion sense and her intelligence and amiable personality make her even more handsome. As I heard from my sister, Irene once won an award for the extraordinary performance in a fashion design competition. In my opinion, she is a rare combination of beauty, intelligence, fashion sense, sense of humour and kindness.
Irene is my sister’s school friend and I know her from my early childhood. She often comes to our house and I have been to her house on several occasions. She lives with her parents and three other siblings. She is 26 and last year she finished her graduation. Now she is working full full-time in a large company and planning to establish a small coffee shop near her house. She has asked my sister to be her business partner.
Irene is undoubtedly a beautiful person – both in appearance and in thoughts. She has got the kind of look that can be described as unique and elegant. I guess she could have easily become a renowned model in our country. Her sense of fashion is quite fabulous and most importantly, her higher IQ makes her stand out of the crowd. Furthermore, she is kind and helpful and her amiable and affectionate behaviours make her even more likeable. Her innocent look and the distinctive fashion sense are worth noticing. For all these reasons, I like her very much and have picked her for this cue card topic.
I belive the definition of the term ‘smart’ or ‘handsome’ is not that straightforward and someone’s intelligence is equally important to become handsome as much as his or her physical appearance is. From this regards, Irene is smart, good looking and handsome.
3. Speaking Part 3
Beauty and society
- Do you think being beautiful is essential?
- Do you think being beautiful can cause problems?
- People try to become beautiful, why is that?
- Has the way people consider as beautiful changed when compared with the past?
Special thanks to Klara for providing us with these questions after the exam.