Recent IELTS test in Malaysia – December 2018 (General Training)
Our friend Y took the IELTS test in Malaysia and remembered the following questions from the Writing and Speaking sub-tests:
1. Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have received a record that needs to be translated. Write a letter to a translating agency and say
- What is there on the record?
- Why do you want to translate it?
- Why is it so urgent for you to get it translated?
2. Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people prefer cold weather conditions, while others don’t. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
- What is your full name?
- Can I see your ID?
- Where are you from?
- Do you work or study?
- What do you do?
- Do you like your job?
2. Cue Card
Talk about a city you know well. Please say
- What city is it?
- What do you like about it?
- What are the interesting places there?
- How big is the population of that city?
- Do you prefer a car or a public transport?
- Do you drink tap water or bottled water?
- What is the difference between cities and countryside?
- What is the difference between one city and another?
- Did you travel by car recently?
- Where did you go?