Candidate got following recent IELTS exam questions on 7 December 2018
Speaking Part 1
1. Where do you live? In house or apartment?
2. What’s your favourite room?
3. Do you plan to move in the future?
4. Do you use a watch?
5. Is there a tradition in your country like being on time?
6. Are you usually on time or late?
7. When you were a child did you eat a lot of foreign food?
8. Have you tried a foreign food recently?
9. Do you think the food of foreign country will be popular in your country?
Speaking Part 2 (Cue Card)
Topic: a journey that you took by public transport
You should say:
- When and where you went
- What kind of transport you used
- How was your trip
and explain why did you choose to use public transport.
Though I have my own car, I often use public transportation. I do so to allow my other family members to use my car for their own important tasks and sometimes I use public transportation like the bus to go to a long route. Some of the remote areas are not quite as easy to travel by cars and for those places, I use a public transportation like the rickshaw, taxi or the rented motorbike. One such trip that I remember I took 2 years ago when I visited one of my aunts’ house. My aunt was married to a civil engineer and they had 3 kids. Their living place was kind of a remote area and took almost 10-12 hours to reach. It was the mid-autumn when I had the trip and I alone went there. I had to use 3-4 different public transportation to finally reach my aunt’s house.
I took a bus and it stopped when we reached near a river after 4-5 hours journey. I had to use a boat to pass the river and after that, I took another bus and finally an auto rickshaw to reach my aunt’s living place.
The trip was a long one and it was neither a very pleasant journey nor a very disturbing one as well. Changing the transportation few times, carrying the 2 heavy bags were something that annoyed me. But I enjoyed the natural scenery, a different routine that the usual busy life, scenic beauty on the both sides of the road, the beautiful river and the new people and place. I mostly listened to music from my MP3 player and read a magazine on my journey and I enjoyed that also.
I took the public transportation mainly for 3 reasons: Firstly, I left it home so that other family members can use it if needed as I would be away for about a week. Secondly, I did not know the exact route to the place I travelled and that’s why it would have been a bit uncertain to take my private car to a route that I have no idea about. Finally, it was a remote area and taking my car would have caused extra tension like parking it, fueling it and that why I preferred to take the journey in the public transportation.
Speaking Part 3
– Do you think people should use public transportation more often?
– What type of public transports is in use in your country?
– Do you think government invests enough in public transport?
– Advantages and disadvantages about public transport
– Some questions about environmental problems