Recent IELTS test in Canada – June 2022 (General)
1. Writing test
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You forgot an item of clothing at the hotel where you stayed recently. Write a letter to the hotel manager and include the following:
– When did you stay and in what room?
– Describe the item you left behind.
– What would you like the manager to do about it?
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that children should follow their parents’ advice, however, others disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
2. Speaking test
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Where do you live now?
– What can you tell me about your hometown?
– Do you live in an apartment or a house?
– What kind of things make you happy?
– What kind of things do people in your country feel happy about?
– What did you do recently to make someone else happy?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
– What was the toy?
– Who gave it to you, and when?
– How often did you play with it?
– Why was it your favorite toy?
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Is there a difference between toys that boys and girls play with? Why?
– What toys are popular in your country now?
– Do you think toys are important for children’s development?
– Why do you think so?
– How does modern technology affect children’s toys?
– What is the difference between toys today and in the past?