You should say:
- What it is?
- How it can be done?
- What problem it will solve?
- How you feel about it
- There are many changes that I would like to take place in my community.
- But there is one thing that I feel would make a big difference.
- It would be the construction of park in my society.
- At present, there is no garden or park in our society.
- There are many negative consequences of this.
- Firstly, the children in the society have no place to play outdoors in the evenings and as a result they spend most of their time indoors.
- This I feel has a negative effect on their health.
- Sometimes they play on the street, but I feel that is very risky.
- The parents are always worried.
- Moreover, many of us in the society like to go for morning walk.
- Currently we walk on the street but again we have to very careful because of traffic.
- A new park would give us a place to go for morning walk.
- I think the park would also be a good place to socialize.
- We can all spend some quality time at the park specially during evenings after school and work.
- There is a vacant government land in the society.
- It was not very large, but I think it would be ideal place for a park.
- We have already proposed the idea to the local Member of Parliament, and he promised to support and work for our cause.
- I am really hopeful that the local administration will soon pick up the project and start working on it.
Part 3 – Follow up Questions
- Why are people living in community friendly with others?
Like they say, man is a social animal and we like to be in the company of other people. Also when people live together they develop good relations and like to share things with each other.
- What are popular activities in community?
The most popular activity is spening time in the community park. People get together in the evenings, some of them spend time exercising whereas others sit and gossip.
- Do people like living in community?
Yes, people enjoy living in communities and it is much better than staying alone. In a
community people can help each other during difficult times and also they can share their good times with others.
- Where do people in community usually have social gatherings?
In our city the government has built community centres in every sector. People organize
their parties and other events such as birthday parties or weddings at the community center.
Other sample band 8+: Describe a change that will improve your local area.
You should say:
- What the change is
- How the change works
- What kinds of problems the change will solve
- And how you feel about the change
Well, you know, the city of Beijing has become infamous for its heavy smog, which is thought to lead to widespread illness and discomfort. But In recent months, air pollution has dropped significantly, and jokes about Beijing’s pollution have given way to surprised expressions about the lovely weather. So nowadays, I could enjoy more white cloud and blue skies this year.
Beijing had been badly polluted by the toxic industrial exhaust and chemicals, making the whole city unlivable. But nowadays, thanks to the strict pollution control policy, more coal-fired power plants and factories have been closed in the neighboring province, and petrol quality has been improved as well. Therefore, though pollution might still persist for a long time in Beijing, we could enjoy more fresh air in the city.
Since the weather surprisingly turns excellent, my friends and I are in the habit of taking pictures of blue sky with mobile phones, and sharing them in the social media. And I’m keener on doing outdoor activities with my child to enjoy the warm sunshine and clean air.
- What are some of the ways people can help others in the community? Which is the most important?
I think there are many ways to help others in our local communities. For example, where I live, some people volunteer to run activity clubs for children, or they help out in residential homes for elderly people. Others give money, food or clothes to organizations that support people living below the poverty line. In my opinion, there isn’t a scale of importance when it comes to helping others; all forms of help are positive.
- Why do you think some people like to help other people?
Most people get a good feeling when they help others, and they understand that we can all experience difficult times in our lives when we might need support. For example, we all grow old, and we all run the risk of losing our jobs or having a health problem that affects our ability to look after ourselves. So, I think people help others because they empathize with them.
- Some people say that people help others in the community more now than they did in the past. Do you agree or disagree? Why?
I disagree with that kind of opinion. It’s impossible to generalize about how much people help in their communities from one generation to the next, so I don’t think we should try to judge or compare how altruistic people are now or were in the past. There have always been those who help others and those who don’t.
- Other possible questions:
How has your community changed since you were a child?
What do you like about your community?
Would you like to raise your children in a community like yours? Why or why not?
Do you think recycling is an important community service?