You should say:
- When you travelled?
- Where you travelled?
- What was the purpose of your travel?
- How you felt about it?
- In our day-to-day life we visit many places for various purposes
- Sometimes we use our own vehicle and sometimes we use public transport
- Normally when I have to go somewhere near then I use car but for distant places I use public transport
- Here I am going to talk about a visit for which I used public transport.
- Actually, last month, I went to Jaipur Rajasthan with my family.
- This time we used bus for going to Jaipur
- There is a tour operator company near my hometown known as Express Travels
- My father booked this tour through them.
- There were 12 other families with us.
- It was vacation time and so children were also there with their parents.
- We boarded the bus at 7 am.
- On the way we enjoyed a lot.
- I made many friends and we played antakshri.
- The bus made three halts on the way to Jaipur.
- We straightened our legs and had refreshments at those stops.
- The bus was an AC coach and was very comfortable.
- There was also an LCD in the bus and we saw the movie Sargi
- We reached Jaipur at 7 pm.
- We stayed at hotel Gangaur which was a very nice hotel.
- We saw the Amer Fort, Hawa Mahal, The City Palace and many other places.
- One whole day we had reserved for shopping.
- My mother bought some Jaipuri quilts and I bought some lakh jewellery.
- As it was a package holiday, we enjoyed with the other families and made many friends.
- I still have good friends from that trip and we are in touch with each other through facebook.
Sample Answer Band 8:
Describe a trip you went on by public transportation
You should say:
- Where you went
- What means of transportation you took
- Who were with you
- How you felt about the trip
I would like to talk about a trip that I went to by a public transportation a long time ago. This memory left a lasting impression on me until now.
Though I have my own motorbike, I sometimes use public transportation to commute from home to workplace. On this day, I went by bus with one of my colleagues because it was forecasted that it would rain cat and dog in the morning and I didn’t want to get wet. We departed at 7 a.m and tended to arrive at nearly 8 a.m. I thought choosing to travel by bus was a smart choice due to several reasons. Initially, in this sprawling city, the traffic congestion is extremely terrible. In fact, travelling by bus would help you avoid a tailback or a pile – up because we all have the own line for public transportation. Secondly, sitting on a bus protect you from suffering the gas emission coming from other traffic, thus, a better health would be created.
To me, this trip was a best choice I’ve ever made in my life. I had a valuable chance to enjoy the pace of life of the normal rat race in the city that I often ignored when traveled by private motorbike. Moreover, I felt safer while sitting on a bus since I didn’t need to care about speed limit or jumping the lights as normal.
All in all, this trip is still fresh in my mind and I would use public transportation more in the future.
1. How easy is it to travel around your country?
Normally it is easy to travel in my country, however, in the big cities, the traffic jam is terrible in rush hour because of private cars and motorbikes using. Therefore, I prefer using public transportation like bus to my own bikes to commute from home to workplace.
2. Which method of travel do you consider safest? Why?
Honestly travelling by planes is my cup of tea because I suppose it is safest. It has own flight line in the sky and can avoid most of traffic crash as normal mode of transportation.
3. Has travel become safer in recent years than that was in the past?
Thanks to the technology advancement, travelling is safer and more convenient than previous time. The mechanicians fix all the mistakes of cars and bikes and make them even easier to use.
4. What are the pros and cons of low-cost air travel?
Obviously it will be easier for people to travel, especially the low-income people. However, more flights can bring more air pollution because the current planes still use fossil power to operate like oil or gas.
5. How do you think people will travel in the future?
I hope more environment – friendly vehicles will be invented in the future for travellers. They can use them more frequently without concerning about the pollution. Moreover, the automatic traffic such as automatic cars or flights will reduce people’s energy.
6. Should the government in a country focus more on rail transports or road transports? Why?
The road transports are overloaded now so I think rail transports will be a suitable alternative. Moreover, rail transports seem to be much safer than the normal way and they help avoid traffic jam.