What do you know about global warming?
Humans are increasing greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide in the atmosphere:
- Factories burn fossil fuels and emit greenhouse gases.
- The number of vehicles has increased, and most vehicles give off exhaust fumes.
- Many developing countries do not care about the environment. They just want to be industrialized.
- Many people do not buy local products. Needless to say, transportation means burning fuel.
—> These gases allow the atmosphere to trap too much heat from the sun. This is called the greenhouse effect, which causes global warming.
- Global warming presents the greatest threat to our environment.
- It has been reported that by the year 2100, the average temperature is likely to have increased by 1.4 to 5.8 degrees.
- Global warming is a serious threat to animal and plant life as it is changing their habitat.
- It is likely to impact ecosystems, agriculture and the spread of disease.
- Global warming will melt the polar icecap.
- The melting of Greenland icecap alone would raise sea levels by seven meters. Such a rise would submerge many islands, making them uninhabitable. This would affect hundreds of millions of people.
- A number of nations and cultures that have existed for thousands of years are going to be destroyed.
- There will be more extreme weather conditions such as typhoons and hurricanes.
- We should try to develop alternative, renewable sources of energy like solar and wind.
- Governments could introduce stricter rules and force factories to reduce their emissions.
- Using public transportation, cycling, and going to work on foot rather than driving could help mitigate global warming
- Driving hybrid cars and trying to buy local products are among the most viable solutions.