Skip to content
Does it have more merits than demerits?
- It is an important way for young people to find a sense of identity.
- It gives young people self-confidence.
- Following fashion helps young people feel more important.
- Fashion adds spice to life: color, variety, and beauty.
- The world would be a dull place if people always wore the same clothes.
- Fashion is an enormous industry, providing employment for vast numbers.
- Fashion is a huge import-export business and important to world trade.
- It makes shopping easier. Going by the trend means we are ready to buy what the majority of stores offer. This saves us time in the mall.
- Young people spend too much time and money on fashion.
- Clothes which have been worn only a few times have to be discarded because of the dictates of fashion.
- Changing fashions are nothing more than the deliberate creation of waste.
- Fashion industry contributes nothing important to society.
- Fashion designers are rarely concerned with vital things like warmth, durability, and comfort. They are only interested in outward appearance.
- You should always be yourself. If people are shallow enough to judge you by the clothes you wear, that is their problem.
- Following fashion trends can turn into addiction, which is sometimes difficult to get rid of.