[Intro Question] Handwriting – Fruit – Sunshine
1. Do you think handwriting is still important?
Yes, I think so. Handwriting skills will always be important. Formal letters are needed in business. Writing skills are also needed in writing resumes. We all know that we belong to a global village. Today we have to compete with children all over the world. We have to apply for jobs in multinational companies. So we need good writing skills.
2. Do you think computers might one day replace handwriting?
Even though technology has reduced the need of writing skills, still, I feel that it is very important in today’s world and will remain in future as well.
3. Do you usually write by hand or write using a computer?
Well it depends on the situation, if I am sending an email to my friends or texting them then it is usually by computer or mobile phone. When I am studying and making notes then I usually write by hand.
4. When do children begin to write in your country?
Nowadays the children have started writing a lot earlier. They normally join the schools at the age of 4 and they begin to write at the age of five
5. Do you think handwriting will die in the future?
No, definitely not. Handwriting will never die. Its need may decrease because of technology; still there will be many areas in which handwriting will be needed. I also feel that, that day is still very far when each and every person on earth will have access to technology.
6. Do you write letters?
Yes, I do. I write emails to my friends and relatives.
7. Do you think children should be taught to write like in the old days?
Yes, I think so. Writing is an art, which is going down because of modern technology. Computers automatically check the spelling and grammar because of which children are losing such skills.
1. What is your favourite fruit?
My favorite fruit is apple. It is very healthy and is available all year long.
2. Why do you like it?
I like it both for the taste and nutritional value. Apples satisfy my need to eat something crunchy too. Because it takes a while to munch on one, I can control my appetite. Apples are one of the world’s healthiest foods.
1. Do you like sunny days?
Yes, I like sunny days, but only in pleasant and cold weather. I do not like sunny days in summers and hot weather.
2. Do you like going (or, being) outside on sunny days?
Yes, I like being outside on sunny days. However, not during the summer season.
3. What do you like to do on sunny days (or, when you go outside)?
On sunny days, I sometimes like to sit out in the sun and read. Sometimes I go out and meet my friends in a park. Sometimes we plan a picnic on a nice sunny day.
4. What benefits can (or do) people get from sunshine? OR What benefits can (or do) we get from the sun?
There are many benefits of getting sunshine. We need sunshine to get the essential vitamin D. Vitamin D is essential for Calcium absorption and can cause several medical problems.
5. Do you think there are any downsides (or dangers) from sunshine?
Yes, certainly. There are some downsides of too much sunshine or being exposed to sunshine without the protection of sunscreen. It may cause skin burns or heat stroke or sometimes even skin cancer.
6. What do you do (when you are outside) and the sun is too strong?
When the sun is too strong and I am outside, I usually look for some shade or a cool place to sit and drink lots of water.
7. If you wanted to go to a place that has lots of sunshine, where would you go?
I would go to a place where the weather is pleasant and has a lot of sunshine. It would probably be a hill station.
8. Would you like to go, as a tourist, to a place that has little sunshine? OR Would you ever go, as a tourist, to a place that has little sunshine?
I like travelling and visiting new places. And given an opportunity I would definitely like to visit a place that has little sunshine.