Talk about a TV Program that made you laugh a lot
You should say:
- What is the program
- When and with whom you watched it
- What are the characters
- Why did it make you laugh
● I have seen a lot of comedies and sitcoms in my life.
● Here I would like to talk about an interesting TV program which is Comedy Circus
● It comes on Sony Channel every Saturday and Sunday at 9 pm
● I watch it with my family.
● We all enjoy this program over dinner.
● Last Sunday also I watched this program.
● The performance by Kapil and Bharti were awesome.
● We all laughed a lot that time.
● Kapil is very good as a standup comedian but Bharti can also do slapstick comedy very well.
● Last time she became a cat and really looked like a cute little fat cat.
● Bharti has really cashed her obesity.
● She is an excellent dancer too.
● Archna Puran Singh and Sohail Khan are the judges in this program.
● Sudesh Lehri and Krushna got the highest points last Sunday
● Krushna is Govinda’s nephew.
● But because of this program he has made a name for himself.
● On Saturdays and Sundays, my family and I finish all our household tasks and sit together at the dining table and watch this program
● The best thing is that the comedy is clean and has no vulgarity in it.
● Laughter is needed by all of us these days.
● It helps to remain tension free.
● It is a good stressbuster.
● Nowadays even doctors recommend this as a therapy for depression.
● There is a laughter club in my home town in which many elderly people are members and they assemble in a park and laugh out loud.
● This program fulfills my quota of laughter.
● All channels have sitcoms but I just love this program.
Part 3 – Follow Up Questions
1.What makes people laugh in your country ( your culture)?
People laugh at all sorts of comedy. They enjoy slapstick as well as standup comedy.
2. Is comedy very popular in your country?
There is a lot of importance of comedy in my country. Lots of sitcoms are now telecast on TV. Even doctors prescribe laughter therapy for many depressive disorders. Laughter clubs are also gaining popularity among the people.
3.Which comedy TV shows are very popular in your country?
Comedy Circus, The Great Indian Laughter Challenge, Laughter the Master, Hasde Hasaunde Raho and Chhote Miyan are just a few of them.
4. What do you think are the differences between seeing comedy on TV and reading funny materials in a book?
Seeing a comedy is different as you can enjoy slapstick comedy, which you cannot read. Slapstick comedy is one which is based on simple actions, for example people hitting each other, falling down, etc.
Even standup comedy makes you laugh because of the way people speak the jokes. Reading funny things also ca make you laugh, but you have to do the effort of reading. It is an active activity, whereas watching comedy is a passive activity.
5. Would you like to appear in a TV comedy program?
No, I don’t think I have the talent to do comedy good enough to be shown on TV.
6.Is comedy used much in ads in your country? Why?
Yes, it is. Ads are made humorous and attractive to attract people and so the product they advertise also stays in the mind.
7.Do you think funny ads on TV are effective?
Yes, they are. They incorporate the audio and visual component, which stays in the mind longer and people are influenced by these when they go shopping.
8.What do you think are the benefits of laughter?
Laughter is the best medicine for many mental ailments. Laughter also brings people together. It has no language. Everyone understands laughter.
9. Do you think there are differences between what males and females think as humorous?
I don’t think there is any difference in genders as far as jokes and comedy is concerned. There may be individual differences but definitely both genders enjoy same jokes and comedies.