Describe a plant grown in your country that you think is important
You should say:
- What it is
- Where it is grown
- Why is it important to your country
● India is a diverse country
● There are many kinds of plants in India
● All the plants are useful in some way or the other
● The plant I am going to talk about here is the bamboo plant.
● It is a very versatile and useful plant
● There are more than 1500 species of this plant all over the world.
● It can be grown in a multitude of habitat from sea level to 12000 ft.
● It is one of the most adaptable plants with many uses.
● For instance, it can grow in very degraded soils.
● Because of this it can be used to repair soil damaged by overgrazing and poor agricultural techniques.
● In addition it has a complex root network.
● This is ideal for preventing soil erosion and flooding
● Unlike most tree species, harvesting does not kill the bamboo.
● So, topsoil erosion and other adverse effects of tree felling are kept to a minimum.
● The most important point is that bamboo produces 35% more oxygen than other trees.
● Research has shown that bamboo can absorb as much as 12 tonnes of carbon dioxide per hectare per year.
● So, this plant can play a great role in stabilizing our country’s atmosphere.
● It can prove an ecofriendly alternative to slowgrowing hardwoods.
● It is also being used by the construction industry for wooden flooring.
● It is very durable.
● It has resistance to shrink or swell.