Skip to content
Do celebrities like actors and athletes deserve the money they earn?
- They endure a lot of inconveniences:
- It is dangerous for them to make unscheduled appearances in public.
- They have no privacy and are constantly in the public eye.
- They are always followed by the paparazzi, who pry into their lives.
- Their lives are stressful and they have no security.
- Many of them earn vast sums in foreign currency and the taxman can only be grateful for their massive annual contributions to the Treasury.
- They have taken enormous risks and have worked extremely hard to get to the top.
- As role models, they could have a positive influence on the public.
- They possess talents that others lack.
- They entertain millions of people.
- Only the most talented among them will reach the top.
- A sports career lasts only a few years.
- What they offer is completely unnecessary. We could all live happily without professional soccer for example.
- Those who provide essential services (e.g. surgeons, who save people’s lives) are poorly-paid by comparison.
- Why should they earn millions of dollars when there is so much poverty in the world?
- Many of them lack real talent, and they have succeeded in spite of this.
- They often set a bad example to the youth // They exert undesirable influence in society.
- Personal profit is their sole motive and they never use their wealth and power to exert good influence.
- They create fashions and their way of life and style of dress are considered as ideal.
- Their salaries should be compatible with the wages/salaries most people earn.