Do they have more advantages than disadvantages?
- Cell phones are useful in emergencies. They could even save your life due to allowing you to contact the police, fire- department and so on.
- They keep you from getting bored. For example, you can read the news, play games, listen to music or watch a movie, while on a bus.
- They have revolutionized the way we communicate.
- We can stay in touch with family, friends, and colleagues wherever we are.
- Smart phones are versatile; they allow us to send text messages, surf the Internet, take photos, listen to music, etc.
- They could be used as fashion accessories.
- They are a powerful learning tool. Because of the applications put in smart phones these days, children and even adults will learn a lot of things from them.
- They are equipped with high-resolution cameras. With these devices, you always have your camera available, being able to take high-quality photos any time you want.
- Having a smartphone makes it much more convenient to check your email or even your bank account while on the go.
- Smartphones can be great for drivers as they can help them get to their destination and avoid traffic jams.
- It is so annoying when people talk loudly on their cell phones.
- People have become too dependent on them. We are addicted to our mobile phones, and the idea of leaving them at home or turning them off would give us instant anxiety.
- Cell phones reduce face-to-face communication.
- Some people send rude text messages.
- Cell phones could be problematic in some public places:
- They cause disturbance in cinemas.
- They could disrupt classes and break students’ concentration.
- Their waves could damage our brains.
- They are a popular target for thieves.
- They could be a dangerous distraction (e.g. using a cell phone while driving reduces the driver’s concentration). Texting while driving has already caused tens of millions of deaths from traffic accidents.
- Anyone can get a hold of you anywhere and anytime through mobile phones. There are certain times you do not want this, but people you know expect you to be reachable since you own such a device.
- Using cell phones to cheat in exams has become a big issue in many schools. Students are now able to text answers under their desks during exams and sometimes even find the answers using a search engine on their phones.