|Describe an ideal house
You should say:
And explain why you would like to live in it
Band 8 Sample
So I’m going to talk about the perfect house that I would like to live in. I would like it to be spacious, comfy and tranquil and it should therefore be located in a rural area with a quiet and peaceful atmosphere.
Painted white and pink, the house would somehow look like a little palace for a royal family. Natural light is a must for this house, and it must contain an effective window system for good ventilation. The house would be equipped with modern appliances and air-conditioning for comfort and convenience. Trees and flowers would be planted around it for decoration and to make it look beautiful.
My ideal house, which would be full of natural light and surrounded by a lot of beautiful gardens, would be the perfect place for me when I am in need of relaxation, and an escape from my heavy workload in the city. I would be able to enjoy the fresh air, and living there would be the perfect way to relieve stress.
To be honest, having the chance to live in such a house would be a dream come true for me, feeling like a king in his own castle, and I hope that one day I can actually build a house like this to live in.
- spacious – with a lot of space
- comfy – comfortable
- tranquil – calm, peaceful and quiet
- rural area – the countryside or farming area
- palace – the home of a king or royal family
- a must – necessary
- ventilation – the movement of fresh air in a closed space
- appliances – an electrical device or machine used at home eg. refrigerator, rice cooker
- heavy workload – a lot of work to do
- relieve stress – to reduce or release stress or worry