Should civilians be allowed to own guns?
- Individuals have the right to protect themselves.
- Criminals or those with vicious intentions will always find a way to acquire guns. Why shouldn’t us have one to defend ourselves?
- It deters criminals. Criminals tend to think twice before attacking potential victims with guns.
- Things like cars can be dangerous too, but no one wants to ban them.
- Hunting and shooting are legitimate sports. People should have guns to practice their skills.
- Hunting, gun collecting, and firearm sports stimulate the economy:
- Millions of dollars can be collected by the government from firearm-related sales.
- A lot more money can be made through licensing and fees.
- The number of people employed by the firearms industry is high.
- It is better to be safe than sorry. Would you rather be prepared for a fire in your house with a fire extinguisher or without one?
- Guns provide protection, when law enforcement cannot. You could end up losing your life or a loved one before the cops can even get to your location.
- The rate of violent crimes increases when guns are available // Guns create violent societies with high murder rates.
- Suicide rates have been reported to rise when guns are available.
- Studies have shown that shooting someone by accident would be far more likely than shooting a home invader.
- According to research, people carrying a gun for self-defense are 4.5 times more likely to be shot during an assault or a fight than those without a gun in the same situation.