Mockup IELTS Speaking Test: Education
Time: 4-5 minutes
Now, in this first part of the test I’m going to ask you some questions about yourself.
Lets talk about shopping.
- Do you enjoy shopping?
- How often do you go shopping and what do you buy?
- So you prefer to go shopping alone or with other people? (Why?)
I’d like to move on and ask you some questions about food.
- What is you favourite food? (Why?)
- What kind of restaurants do you like to eat out at?
- What would your perfect meal be?
I’d like to talk now about your hobbies.
- Tell me about any hobbies you have.
- Are there any hobbies you would like to have in the future?
- Do you think hobbies should be relaxing or should they be exciting? (Why?)
Time: 3-4 minutes
Now, I’m going to give you a topic and I’d like you to talk about it for 1-2 minutes.
Describe a course you have done that you found useful:
You should say:
- What you learnt
- What you enjoyed about the course
- What you didn’t enjoy
And explain why it was useful to you.
Follow up questions:
- Are you in touch with anyone from the course now?
- Would you like to go on a course like this again?
Time: 4-5 minutes
We’ve been talking about a course you have done that you found useful and I’d now like to ask you some questions related to this.
First, lets consider homework..
- Do you think it is important that children are given homework?
- How much homework should they be given?
- Do you think parents should help their children with their homework or should it be done alone?
Now we’ll discuss the relationship between education and work.
- How important is it to have a university education to get a job in your country?
- Does having a degree from another country enhance employment opportunities in your country?
- What impacts do students who have studies abroad have on their country of origin when they come home?